U.S SENATE PAGE PROGRAM WITH SENATOR CHRIS MURPHY
The U.S. Senate Page Program is a prestigious program that allows high school students from across the country to spend a semester living and working in Washington, D.C. Pages play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the U.S. Senate, witness historic debates on the Senate floor, and meet respected national leaders, all while continuing their high school education. Page duties largely consist of delivering correspondence, preparing the Senate chamber for sessions, and delivering bills and amendments to Senate staff. In addition to their work in the Senate, pages attend early morning classes in the fully accredited Page School. Pages live in the Senate Page Dormitory, located just a short walk away from the U.S. Capitol and are paid a small stipend. Deductions from the stipend are taken for taxes, a meal plan, and residence fees.
Senator Chris Murphy has been allocated a slot for the Spring 2020 United States Senate Page Program.
The dates for the spring term are January 27, 2020 to June 5, 2020.
* Must 16 or 17 years of age during their employment and in their junior year of high school.
* Must have a 3.0 minimum GPA
* Must have a certificate of immunization and be covered by health insurance. If a page does not have health insurance, they will be required to enroll in the Federal Employee health insurance program.
* For this page appointment, student must be male. (Senators are assigned a male or female page appointment to ensure that there are equal numbers of young men and women in the Page Program.)
How to Apply:
Please send the following items Zach Dendas at email@example.com with the subject line "PAGE APPLICATION."
* Current resume
* Current academic transcript
* One letter of recommendation
* 500 word essay on your favorite President and why
Applications are due by Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 5pm.