The Greater New Haven NAACP is hosting a
Virtual Panel Discussion (*below please see the UPDATED webinar link)
CRITICAL RACE THEORY:
What it is – What it is NOT…
Tuesday, December 7th, 7pm
1. Retired Judge Angela Robinson (Quinnipiac School of Law)
- ProfessorNadiyah Humber (UConn School of Law)
- State RepresentativeBobby Gibson (CT State House of Representatives)
- Ingrid Canady, Executive Director of the State Education Resource Center (SERC)
Moderator: Dr. Benjamin Foster, Jr., Adjunct Professor of African American History at Central Connecticut State University
Topic: Critical Race Theory Panel
*Time: Dec 7, 2021, 7pm, Join Zoom Meeting
*Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
CCA currently has an opening for a part time Restorative Justice Project Coordinator. To access the document, please click on the link below.
Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Leadership
An employment opportunity is available. The position is Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Leadership. Please click the link below for more information about this vacancy.
Job Posting link: HERE
Below is the PDF with more information on the available position:
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline has been extended to April 23, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION
To be eligible to receive the NHSF scholarship, a student must:
1) demonstrate academic potential (no GPA requirement)
2) demonstrate family financial need -family income ceiling of $72,000 (extenuating family situations considered)
3) be a New Haven resident
4) have attended a New Haven public high school, Eli Whitney, Common Ground, Highville or Amistad, since the beginning of senior year.
The student :
1. must complete the NHSF application;
2. may then be asked to participate in an
interview with a Director of the NHSF;
3. and if selected, must attend the NHSF
Award Ceremony in June to receive your award.*
IF YOU QUALIFY TO APPLY, YOU CAN GATHER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION NOW:
1. A pdf copy of your high school transcript (ask your
Guidance Counselor to email this to you.)
2. A pdf of the first 2 pages of your parent(s) 2019 1040 tax.
If your parent(s) do not file, complete the "Alternative
Income Verification Form"
3. A pdf copy of your SAT scores This website clearly
NOTE: If your college applications did not require the SAT,
you don't have to submit scores.
TIP: There are free phone apps that scan and create pdfs
If you have an iphone, google how to scan using Notes.
*COVID-19 NOTE: We may be conducting interviews over the phone this spring and be unable to hold an award ceremony.
For the full site's information, please click this link: https://www.newhavenscholarshipfund.org/how-to-apply