At Yale New Haven Health, an internship on the business side of
the healthcare industry presents exciting opportunities to explore the
multifaceted nature of business, finance and information technology in this
dynamic field. Interns enjoy exposure to billing, general accounting, financial
reporting, budgeting, Human Resources, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Community/Government Relations, and Patient Safety/Quality, in one of the leading healthcare systems in the northeast.
During this internship, students enjoy a hands-on challenge in a range of settings where learning and professional growth are everyday experiences. Our commitment to ongoing education and advancement enables our interns to gain business skills and
awareness of career paths they might not otherwise have considered.
• Gain exposure to the business side of health care with long-term potential for
• Enjoy a diverse, multicultural environment where their efforts are supported by a
dynamic, family-friendly atmosphere that values commitment, skill, and collaboration.
• Have the opportunity to work with a supportive team and be mentored by highly
• Learn the importance of customer care and patient experience.
• Corporate Business Systems (Billing, Patient Access, Customer Service).
• Finance including Accounting, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Internal Controls, Revenue Management, Tax, and Treasury.
• Human Resources including Benefits, Recruitment, and Training.
• Chief Medical Office including Patient Safety & Quality.