Part-time Paralegal – Bridgeport Office
The Center’s Immigrant Children’s Justice Project (ICJP), has an opening for a part-time (15-20 hours per-week) paralegal in our Bridgeport office. The paralegal will assist legal staff with screening and assignment of cases to pro-bono attorneys, maintaining case files and outreach to clients and families.
The mission of the ICJP is to reduce the gap in legal representation of immigrant children and improve access to the systems that provide services to them through a variety of advocacy methods, including litigation. More information about the ICJP can be found here.
- Maintain case files in our Legal Files case management system
- Conduct screenings and intakes of potential clients
- Provide information and referrals, as appropriate, and follow up with clients after services are provided
- Work in collaboration with legal staff to assign cases to attorneys on a pro-bono roster
- Provide administrative support to the ICJP such as requesting client records, drafting letters, organizing files, preparing for trainings and clinics
- Work on special projects as needed
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated commitment to providing quality advocacy and support to children in addition to traditional administrative tasks.
Candidates should have:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems
- Two or more years of related experience
- Knowledge of trauma informed services is a plus
Speaking, reading and writing fluency in Spanish is required
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with experience and are within the general range of salaries for public interest organizations.
To Apply, email cover letter and detailed resume to: Stacey Violante Cote at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.